Thanks to you and your church for hosting The Kids Conference!
We ask the host church to do these things to prepare and make the day happen:
- Provide housing for the Harvest Team the night before. Host homes or motel rooms are fine. If motel rooms, we need three rooms, two beds each. If host homes, enough space for about eight people total (we can give exact info closer to time) and due to some team member allergies, no pets.
- Provide dinner on Friday night around 6 pm. It’s great to get together, set up the conference, have dinner together (doesn’t have to be fancy) and pray for the day. This would be for about 12 -14 people total (Harvest and your own church leadership).
- Invite children to attend! With the busy schedules of today’s family leads, it’s a small miracle to get a group of kids together at all! So, we invite you to hype it up, invite families, invite kids, show this video, hand out release forms, hang up posters, and invite other church children’s ministry leaders from the community and region. If admin in this way isn’t your thing, invite someone from the church to be your one-time event assistant – help publicize and collect registrations.
- How to register (for the hosting church children) – the host church can either send their children and families and have them register online at kidsconference.org. You may also choose to hand out forms and have people bring the form and payment back to you, then the church can just write one check for the kids from your church. Volunteers and leaders from the host church don’t have to pay.
- Invite A Few Volunteers To Join You – below is a schedule and some possible invitations to get people involved! It’s a huge help and a rewarding experience for them, too!
BEFORE THE EVENT
Invite students to attend – invite a volunteer or other church leader to help publicize.
Choose a host leader who can help you get kids registered and take care of details for the day.
Share the event with other churches in your community.
Arrange a Friday night meal and housing for the Harvest Team.
We will set an arrival time with – most often around 5:30 or 6:00 pm.
Set up will take about two hours – 6:00 pm until about 8:00 pm.
8:30 – 9:00 Arrive / Check In
9:00 – 9:35 Opening Session
9:35 – 10:05 Bible Blast / Recreation (large group divides up)
10:05 – 10:20 Refreshments
10:20 – 10:50 Recreation / Bible Blast (large group divides up)
10:50 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 11:45 Worship Session
11:45 – 12:20 Lunch (pizza, chips, drinks, pre-packaged fruit, dessert)
12:20 – 12:50 Fun & Entertainment
1:00 – 1:55 Closing Session
2:00 Conference Concludes
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND POSSIBILITIES
(Some of these roles can overlap, and a team of 5-6 could probably do it all for the day.)
Friday Night Dinner For The Team – One or Two Volunteers – Around 6 pm for about 10-12 people.
Friday Night Load In And Set Up – Two or Three Volunteers – Roughly 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday Morning Greeting – Two Volunteers – 8:15 am – 9:15 am
Point Person For Kids From Local Host Church – One Volunteer / Leader – 8:15 am – 9:15 am
Staff A Recreation Station – Three or Four Volunteers – 9:30 am – 11:00 am
Help Serve Lunch – Three or Four Volunteers – 11:30 am – 12:30 pm