Thank you for your interest in hosting Renovate!
WHAT IS RENOVATE?
Renovate is a weekend discipleship event for students in 6th-12th grades. The weekend begins on Friday evening at 7 pm and concludes on Saturday at 4:00 pm.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE WEEKEND?
Worship led by Harvest and a guest speaker, small groups with local churches, elective seminars, refreshments, lunch, entertainment, recreation, youth worker meeting and lots of fun, all with a goal of helping students experience the transforming power of Christ.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR BEING A HOST CHURCH:
- general meeting area equipped with sound / media
- other large space for meals during the event
- three other rooms for breakout sessions
- heart for reaching out the next generation
WHAT DOES HARVEST PROVIDE:
- Cost of travel to the event
- Harvest Band leading in worship for the weekend
- Publicity material and registration for the event
- Speaker for the event
- Cost of lunch
- Cost of recreation
- Programming, sessions, breakout sessions
- Youth Worker Connection Gathering
WHAT DOES THE HOST CHURCH PROVIDE:
- Provide the space for the event
- Local host church coordinator
- Provide leadership supper on Friday night around 5 pm (approximately 12 people)
- Provide lodging for leadership (four motel rooms or two motel rooms and two host homes)
- Minimum of 15 paid registrations from the host church (We ask that this 15 min of 15 registrations be paid before the conference begins. Most host churches invite their students to register through the church, with checks payable to the church. If the number of host church registrations exceed 15, Harvest can submit an invoice to the church following the conference).
- Provide snacks for the refreshment time on Friday night (invite church members to participate by donating refreshments)
- Involve leadership from host church to help where needed (tech, hospitality, etc).
- Harvest helps produce publicity material
- Harvest publicizes in general
- Harvest works with event host coordinator to make sure the local area churches and communities are blanketed with information and publicity about the event.
- Attendance goal is set for the event.
REGISTRATION FEES / FINANCES / INSURANCE:
- Registration is $35 per student and $20 per adult leader
- Registration fees go to Harvest Ministry to cover the cost of the program
- Cash obligations for the host church are minimal (cost of motel rooms and cost of leadership dinner on Friday night)
- Harvest Ministry is a 501 C 3, non for profit organization overseen by the Harvest Board of Directors. Harvest holds all the necessary liability insurance policies and blanket covering. During the partnership ministry events, insurance for falls to the churches who bring students – as students sign waivers to register and attend with their church. From there, it’s like the hosting church is doing any other kind of ministry gathering.
3 pm – Harvest Arrives for setup and sound check
5 pm – leadership dinner (about 15 -18 people, harvest, speaker, host church leaders)
6 pm – registration open
7 pm – first worship session
8:30 pm – refreshments / hospitality
9:15 pm – fun and games
10 pm – head out
9 am – opening worship session
10 am – small groups (with church)
10:45 am – seminar I
11:30 am – seminar II
12:15 pm – lunch
1 pm – recreation
2:45 pm – closing worship
no later than 4 pm – conclude renovate weekend
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic (universal) church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Groups are responsible for their own lodging during Renovate Weekend Events.
Tips for Groups:
- If you’re from the local area, some groups will arrange to have the guys in their group spend the night one of their church member’s homes and the girls in another. This is a great way to give a retreat weekend feel. Another option to take your group back to the church to spend the night.
- Groups who attend from outside the local area typically reserve motel rooms, others will connect with a local church to spend the night.
- Use the trip home on Saturday evening to have dinner and debrief the weekend.
Set A Date, Begin the Process of Inviting
Let’s set a weekend date and begin the process of building teams to help and inviting students to come! Contact Tim Price, 618-541-8291.
Ministry Event Resources:
- Why Large Events Will Always Be Part Of The Church
- Four Things I Give Attention To When Hosting A Conference
- The Five P’s Of Hosting A Conference
- How to Raise Attendance At Your Event