Harvest is available to come share in parking lot worship concerts at your church and in your community.
Though we’re getting through this pandemic, here’s a list of details to make safe, healthy, fun and effective.
If you’d like to book a date or have a question, contact me, Tim Price at 618-541-8291.
WHAT IS THE PARKING LOT WORSHIP CONCERT?
You talk with your church, pick a Saturday or Sunday evening, invite your church, neighbors, and the community to bring camping chairs, and join in an evening of music (about an hour-long).
WHAT HARVEST PROVIDES:
- Harvest will provide the sound and will bring the team (4-6 people).
- Harvest will arrive about 2.5 hours before the event to set up and be ready.
- We can tailor the event to fit your structure – 4:00 pm, 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm is a good time slot for an evening event, but we’re happy to choose another time. If the pastor would like to share during the event, we can arrange the music to allow time for that. Since we would strive to make this a family event of all ages, the music would be a mix of modern worship songs (typical to ones played on Christian radio stations), kids/camp-style songs, and some more traditional music.
WHAT THE HOST CHURCH PROVIDES:
- PROMOTION: We’re asking the host church to provide promotion for the event – invitations to neighbors, other churches, the congregation and anyone else they can think of! Use Social Media, images, posters and most importantly, personal invitations to others to attend.
- ELECTRICITY: We will need electricity for the sound – if we are set up near a building, we can plug into an outlet just inside. If we’re farther away, we will need extension cords.
- HARD, FLAT, CONCRETE SURFACE: Provide a place for the worship band to set up. Since the crowd will be spread out, a stage isn’t necessary (unless you have one), but we will need to be on a hard surface and not on grass.
- PARKING PERSON: Provide a parking attendant (if needed) to make sure people park in the right place and the area for enjoying the concert will well marked and safe. People will most enjoy setting their chairs out on concrete or asphalt so they aren’t in the grass which might be buggy in the evening.
- RESTROOM FOR TEAM: Provide use of a restroom for the team members. With all the various regulations, we will leave it up to the church how they want to go about public restrooms. Since the event is only an hour, if restrooms aren’t available, you could just let people know that.
- DOUBLE CHECK WITH CITY: Talk with your city to see if you need a permit to host an outdoor event with sound. Hopefully, you can clear it with your community and neighborhood to have an outdoor concert with no trouble. One great idea would be to take fliers around those homes closest to your building and let them know this event will be taking place and that they are invited.
- HONORARIUM: A typical honorarium is about $500 plus travel. Thanks for your partnership and support as we continue to think of ways to reach out! Call Tim Price at 618-541-8291 to talk through this and thanks for having the honorarium available at the close of the event. Checks to Harvest MInistry.
- We want the event to be great, but we also know things are changing so rapidly. In case of bad weather, we would need to make a decision before the time we would need to leave Troy, IL. Should COVID issues arise in your church or area, we can also make a change too. In light of all these issues, should you or us need to cancel, there would be no further financial obligations.
- We’re praying for great opportunities to encourage the church and witness to communities.
Info (use what works for you!)
Since 1996, Tim Price and Harvest Ministry have led worship for conferences, churches, camps and events all over Illinois and the midwest. Most summers, a team will travel to serve as a worship team for camps. Most school year seasons, we pull together worship bands for various weekends. Because of the variety of church styles, events and ages, Harvest is diverse in style. Music ranges from modern songs, to ancient hymns to interactive kids songs. Depending on the setting, Harvest will incorporate these styles.
Most often the team is comprised of vocals, percussion, acoustic, and bass.
Listen to the playlists as www.harvestminstryteams.com/playlist.