The mission of this event is to minister to, encourage and connect with empty nesters and retirees for a day of spiritual growth and Christian living.
Conference Center, Best Western Plus, Arcola, IL
Tim Price, Harvest Ministry, and other leaders.
9:30 am – Register / Check-In for the event, Meet & Greet, Coffee, and Refreshments.
10:00 am – Session 1 – Music, Devotion, Opening – Leaving A Legacy
11:30 am – Leave for buffet Lunch at Yoders (lunch included in registration, provide your own transportation)
1:15 pm – On your own to visit the area – don’t miss these personal highlights:
- Art gallery
- Beachy’s wholesale foods
- Ice cream at Shady Crest
- A drive to explore the Amish countryside and one-room schools
- A visit to Morningsong Gift and Supplies
- The Cheese shop
3:00 pm – Check into motel rooms
4:30 pm – Session 2 – Music and Devotion – Generational Witness
5:45 pm – Dinner at the motel – Monicals Pizza and Salad – Included in Registration and at the conference center.
7:00 pm – Session 3 – Worship and evening devotions / Comedian
8:00 pm – Games and goodnight (or maybe English country dance?)
7:00 – 9:00 – Breakfast at the hotel
10:00 am – Session 4 – Music and Speaking –
11:45 am – Conclude Event
Ideas on your way home…
- Pauly’s BBQ – in Arthur, IL
- Shady Crest Deli – In Arthur, IL
- Casey, IL – Home of the Big Things (43 miles)
- Tuscola Outlets, Tuscola, IL (8 miles)
- Lincoln’s Family’s Home (when they first moved to IL) – Lerna, IL (20 miles)
- The Big Cross – Effingham, IL (44 miles)
$260 for two people (includes one-night motel), lunch, dinner, breakfast and program.
$170 for one person (individual motel room), Lunch, dinner, breakfast and program.
$85 – Individual for the program, meals, but does not lodging.