Thank you for your interest in and willingness to hosting The Light Kids Conference.
WHAT IS THE LIGHT KIDS CONFERENCE?
The Light Kids Conference, which began in 2002, is a one-day discipleship event for children in first – fifth grades. It begins at 9:00 am and concludes at 2:00 pm.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE LIGHT?
Worship led by Harvest, lessons around a particular theme, recreation, Bible Buzz, entertainment, Children’s Ministry Leaders meeting and lots of fun, all with a goal of helping children experience the transforming power of Christ.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR BEING A HOST CHURCH:
- general meeting area equipped with sound / media
- other large space for meals and recreation during the event (A gym, family life center or high ceiling fellowship hall)
- two other rooms for breakout sessions
- heart for reaching out the next generation
WHAT DOES HARVEST PROVIDE:
- Cost of travel to the event
- Harvest Band leading in worship for the conference
- Publicity material and registration for the event
- Session leaders for the event
- Cost of lunch
- Cost of recreation
- Cost of entertainment
- Programming, sessions, breakout sessions
- Children’s Ministry Network Time
WHAT DOES THE HOST CHURCH PROVIDE:
- Provide the space for the event
- Local host church coordinator / staff person
- Provide a technical leader who knows the sound system / media system (we will provide slides / graphics / laptop)
- Provide leadership supper on Friday night around 5 pm (approximately 12-15 people)
- Provide lodging for leadership (three to four motel rooms – negotiable since we can arrange housing in certain locations)
- Work to get group of children from the host church to register and attend.
- Six volunteers who will serve as greeters, recreation station monitors and lunch servers (time commitment would be from 8:30 to 12:30. These roles can be broken up among several volunteers if needed.
- Harvest produces publicity material.
- Harvest publicizes in general to the churches in the area.
- Harvest works with event host coordinator to make sure the local area churches and communities are blanketed with information and publicity about the event.
- Attendance goal is set for the event.
REGISTRATION FEES / FINANCES / INSURANCE:
- Registration rate is $30 per student and $20 per adult leader
- The host church can register their students in house and will receive a discount. A check for the children who attend from the host church can be given/sent to Harvest Ministry after the event. Adults from the host church receive a complimentary ticket.
- Registration fees go to Harvest Ministry to cover the cost of the program.
- Financial obligations for the host church are minimal (cost of motel rooms and cost of leadership dinner on Friday night)
- Harvest Ministry is a 501 C 3, non for profit organization overseen by the Harvest Board of Directors. Harvest holds all the necessary liability insurance policies and blanket covering. During the partnership ministry events, insurance falls to the churches who bring students – as students sign waivers to register and attend with their church. From there, it’s like the hosting church is doing any other kind of ministry gathering.
3 pm – Harvest Arrives for setup and sound check
6 pm – leadership dinner (about 12 -15 people, harvest, host church team, church staff coordinator, etc).
8:30 am – Groups begin to arrive and check in
9 am – Opening worship session
9:40 am – Bible Buzz / Recreation
10:15 am – All conference snack break
10:35 am – Recreation / Bible Buzz
11:15 am – Session II
12:00 pm – Lunch
12:30 pm – Entertainment
1:20 pm – Closing session
2:00 pm – Conference Concludes
*POTENTIAL SUMMER WEEKDAY CONFERENCE: times are the same, with a possible later set up start the evening before for the Harvest Team.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic (universal) church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Church groups travel to The Light from a 1-2 hour radius. In the case of a group coming the night before, they are responsible for their own lodging.
Set A Date, Begin the Process of Inviting
Let’s set a weekend date and begin the process of building teams to help and inviting students to come! Contact Tim Price, 618-541-8291 or Clint Benesh.