Good to connect! Thanks for taking time read some of my heart for Harvest Ministry as begin a new season.
In case you don’t have lots of time, the nutshell is an invitation to join Suzanne and I in becoming a Harvest Financial Partner for the next year – giving monthly to help us continue to keep growing an effective ministry. Here’s the link: https://app.donorview.com/3yGM6.
We praise the Lord for the provision during these last fifteen months (and really, even the 25 years before that!) and my current goal is to continue to be faithful to the call over the next few years. As a leadership team, we’ve pinpointed a couple of big dreams and needs:
- office support to help free up my time to keep focusing on the mission of raising up more young adults, developing, creating, and going out to sing and serve.
- sending (and compensating) leaders to take harvest teams to serve, expanding the opportunities we have to reach and connect with more students.
Including my friends and family in an invitation to join us financially on this journey is unique and something I would have never predicted back as a college student, but I praise the Lord for the opportunity to live out the calling. We currently have a small but mighty team that helps provide some of the foundational funding for the ministry. Another revenue comes from events (which are slowly coming back) and another bit comes from grants and sales of resources. Here’s a really general breakdown:
- $40,000 – from financial partners and one-time gifts
- $50,000 – from honorariums, love offerings, event registration
- $30,000 – from small grants ($20,000) and sale of resources (10,000)
- The total (typical) Harvest budget is $120,000 a year and has been for more of the last decade and a half.
- Our vision is to increase our team of financial supporters for this season to raise the budget to $160,000 so we can add a paid office/support person and help cover the costs of sending team leaders with a group some weekends. We believe by doing this, we will be able to more effectively be a resource to the church with the added blessing of generating more revenue for the ministry in general.
In my mind, it seems like a big goal, but not only do I know it can be done, after much reflection time over the last year, I’m more confident than ever that God is still calling me to serve in this unique ministry in our region!
We just set up a new program for helping to make it easier to partner with Harvest Ministry and if you feel led to join me, I would welcome your connection! Here’s a link to a short video and the new giving program… https://app.donorview.com/3yGM6
Over the years I have said I’m not really a fundraiser. Yet lately, I’ve been more and more convinced that in many ways, Harvest may be shifting and I may be begin being called upon to help raise the needed support. This is part of the call to allow other young adults (of which I am no longer one since I turn 50 next year!) to participate in this framework that has been built over these last several years.
I would be happy to share more with you if we could set up a time to connect on the phone, over lunch or on Zoom, but this the basic invitation and request. I realize joining in giving to ministries outside the local church doesn’t easily move to the top of the daily to-do list, but I’m trusting that God has a blessing in mind and would be delighted to have you participate in it.
If you have thoughts or questions, let me know… and if something is crazy with the video or giving link, let me know that too: https://app.donorview.com/3yGM6
I appreciate all the many ways you have been a part of the past through events and support in general.