SPEAKER: DJ DANGERFIELD
DJ is the pastor for First Baptist Church in Chanute, KS. He has been a speaker for Fire-Up before and comes with a passion for sharing God’s word with great stories and applications! We’re looking forward to having DJ preach at Fire-Up 2020!
HARVEST WORSHIP BAND
Harvest has led worship for every Fire-Up Conference since 1996. Harvest connects ministry-minded young adult musicians to form worship teams for camps, conferences and other events. [Hear Music]
There are two time slots during the Fire-Up Conference when students can choose a seminar to attend. These seminars are practical ways to live out faith and seminar leaders will be announced soon!
Housing is on your own for Fire-Up. There are great motels just one mile from the host church (on the same road) and some groups opt for budget-friendly options like staying in a local church somewhere. If your group is from the local area, it can be nice to stay together in a couple homes of church members to give it more of a retreat/conference feel.
On Saturday afternoon, there is a break for some fun. Lots of students take the 15 minute drive to Southern Illinois University where Fire-Up reserves the bowling ally. Other groups just find fun things to do together around town.
YOUTH WORKER DETAILS
Fire Up Conference, an interdenominational Sr. High youth discipleship weekend, began in Troy, IL in February of 1997. Since then, hundreds of students have attended this event. Fire Up continues to remain focused on discipleship, worship, and strengthening the faith of Sr. High Students. At the core, we want students to be born again, count the cost and follow Christ and live faithful fired-up live for Jesus. The core team consists of local area youth leaders who meet each month to pray, plan and prepare for Fire Up.
Fire Up is a partnership event with Troy United Methodist Church and Harvest Conferences. The Troy Host Team plans the event through the fall. They provide support for registration, hospitality, meals, video, sound and a big huge welcome to all the groups that attend!
Fire Up continues to provide an avenue for changed lives.
More than fifteen different denominations have been a part of Fire-Up Conference. Here’s are some of the basics of what we believe: The Great Commandment, The Great Commission and the Apostles Creed.
- We would like for all of your youth and sponsor registration forms to be sent together (with payment accompanying the forms).
- If paying by check, please pay with one check. Checks are made payable to Fire Up – Troy UMC.
Mail Registration Forms and Payment To:
Fire Up Conference – Troy UMC
407 Edwardsville Rd
Troy, IL 62294
- Payment may also be made with a credit card. Please contact the church office about paying by credit card (618-667-6241).
- Check-In begins at 6:00 pm on Friday. Doors open at 7:00 pm.
- Transportation – Each church is responsible for providing their own transportation for the duration of the conference.
- One sponsor for every seven (7) students registered must be provided, with at least one sponsor over 21 years of age. If you are bringing both girls and boys, please provide both a female and a male sponsor for your group.
- There will be several resource tables available with a variety of items for purchase for both students and leaders.
- Snacks throughout the weekend, lunch and dinner on Saturday and a continental breakfast on Sunday is provided by the conference. There are several restaurants located not far from the church for Friday night dinner or Sunday lunch.
- Cancellation Policy: All requests for cancellations must state the reason for requested funds and be submitted on church letterhead to Harvest Conferences. If cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the conference, registrations will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee. Cancellations made 15-30 days before the conference will be refunded for half the registered fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 15 days of the conference. Questions: You can contact Harvest Conferences by emailing Harvest@harvestministryteams.com or by calling 618-667-6241 ext 14.