- This event has passed.
The Well – Troy, IL
October 10, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Welcome to the Troy, IL Well For Youth Workers! This event is designed for student ministry leaders volunteer or paid. Bring (or send) your student ministry leadership team. There are discounts for more than one attendee from the same church. The Well is designed to provide a “close to home” time of equipping, connection and encouragement for local church student ministry leaders.
Monday, October 10, 2016
HOSTED AT TROY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, TROY, IL
5:00 pm – 8:25 pm
4:45 pm– Gather / Registration
5:00 pm– Worship / Opening
5:15 pm– General Session with Presenter (Dr. Hal Hamilton via video)
6:15 pm – Supper (included in registration fee)
6:45 pm – Discussion Groups
7:20 pm – Breakout Sessions:
- Using Your Smart Phone To Engage Students | Clint Benesh
- Getting To The Next Level in Student Ministry | Tim Price
- Youth Ministry While You Have A Full Time Job | Kurt Stone, Boeing Engineer / Youth Pastor
8:25 pm – Conclude
First person from a local church $49 (or $39 if you are registered before the deadline)
Additional team member from the same church $30 (or $20 if you are registered before the deadline)
Consider the cost of attending The Well an investment in your church, your ministry, yourself and your students. For about the cost of ordering pizzas for some friends or taking a family out to evening dinner, you can attend this close-to-home time of training and equipping. If you are a volunteer in ministry, talk with your church about covering the cost of this training event!
- The event begins at 5:00 pm and you’re welcome to show up a few minutes early to get checked in.
- Supper is provided, included in the event registration, and will be served at 6:30 pm.
- Refunds will not be issued if cancellation occurs less 30 days before event.
- Harvest Conferences reserves the right to substitute leaders and presenters.
- Registration fee includes program, material and a meal together.
FACULTY – FALL 2016:
Dr. Hal Hamilton will be speaking during the main session. Hal is the youth and college ministry team leader for First UMC in Tulsa, OK.
Tim Price and Clint Benesh of Harvest Ministry will be hosting the event and leading breakout sessions.
Clint serves as a worship leader and youth minister at his church in Waterloo, IL. Clint is also on staff as the student ministry worship leader for New Life Student Ministry in Troy, IL. Tim serves the Director for Harvest Ministry in Troy, IL. Harvest has been in existence since 1996 with a mission to equip leaders and provide a resource to the church.
The Well will be hosted in these other locations around the region this fall.
- A simple, fun and concise schedule and event.
- Great connections with other ministry leaders.
- New ideas and clarity on ways to accomplish great student ministry in your own church setting.
- A great meal.
- Solid presentations.
- A stand alone event to enhance your ministry in your local church (The Well isn’t a program or something you buy or subscribe to on a regular basis – it’s a one time meeting to encourage, equip and connect).
SIX REASONS TO ATTEND A TRAINING EVENT:
1) Create a get-away from the normal routine – We can easily become dull in the mundane routine. An equipping event helps sharpen us.
2) Connect with like minded people – Being around people who are in your boat is encouraging. The conversations are good and it’s great to see others who are involved in similar ways. Networking is powerful. When you attend a conference with someone from your church or organization, it will really spur on conversation between you and other leaders with whom you work.
3) Collect new thoughts and ideas from the presenters – A great conference will spur you on with new ideas, thoughts and concepts. Even a so-so event will help you learn. Always be expectant to pick some great stuff. Soak up all you can and make notes. Seek to apply as much as you are able.
4) Compare current systems and work style to what might be more effective – There is probably always a better way to do what you are doing. And sometimes, it just takes a moment of experiencing it a little differently. Be on the look out to increase the effectiveness in your own organization.
5) Compile notes on hosting a conference or training event – I spend many weekends hosting training and equipping events, so attending another person’s conference allows for me to get new ideas. I always make notes in the margins about how they present, how their team works together, how they extend hospitality, and other creative ideas.
6) Commit to tweaking my own organization – I always try to find the two or three things that I can transfer to my life and work right now, to be implemented immediately. Transfer ideas that will work in your context and expand on them. I also like to make sure I share information and concepts with others on my team. Optimally, taking members of your team with you will provide the best conversations! >>> read in blog
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE WELL:
“Thank you for this experience to meet you and others and for the ideas you shared.” – Terri
“I loved how everyone was able to meet, share ideas, and help each other grow.” – Ben
“The Well helped remind me why I’m called to this ministry.” – Rick
“This is just what I needed to kick off our youth missions!” – Brenda
“I came thinking I might be losing touch, maybe getting too old for youth ministry. I left knowing that as long as I can share my love for Christ and teenagers, I will always be a part of youth ministry.” – Annon.
“Awesome to connect with other churches and youth leaders!” – Michelle
Last year, we recorded The Well Session Entitled: “Get and Keep Students Connected to Your Ministry.” This session is now available for immediate download. When you purchase this session, you can use it to encourage your ministry leaders and volunteers in student ministry. You will receive four brief videos, three bonus videos, and discussion questions.
Help transform your ministry team and regain a vision for reaching students by taking a look at each of these four concepts in these videos:
- Stirring Hearts
- Incarnational Ministry
- Community of Participants
- Higher Expectations
Free Video: Three Ways To Develop Your Ministry Team
The Well – A Seminar For Youth Workers
Monday, October 10 – Troy, IL (5:00 pm – 8:25 pm)
Tuesday, October 11 – Fairview Heights (9:00 am – 12:30 pm)
Tuesday, October 11 – TBD (5:00 pm – 8:25 pm)
Wednesday, October 12 – TBD (9:00 am – 8:25 pm)
Monday, October 17 – Mt. Vernon, IL (5:00 pm – 8:25 pm)
We hope to see you at the fall 2016 Well For Youth Workers!
Tim Price | 618-541-8291 | email@example.com