- This event has passed.
Ignition Middle School Conference
October 27 @ 7:00 pm - October 28 @ 4:00 pm
SPEAKERS AND PROGRAM
FRIDAY 6:00 pm - Registration 6:30 pm - Doors Open 7:00 pm - Worship 8:25 pm - Refreshments and Hangout 9:00 pm - Ignition Blast 9:45 pm - Head home to sleep
SATURDAY 9:00 am - Worship 10:15 am - Snacks and Small Groups 10:55 am - Seminar I 11:35 am - Seminar II 12:15 pm - Lunch 1:00 pm - Skating 2:45 pm - Closing Worship 4:00 pm - Conclude
Regular Registration: $45 per students | $25 per adult
Register before October 16 to save $10 (Cost is $35 for students and $15 for adults)
Print Registration Form (Each person must fill out a form and it must be accompanied with registration fee)
Ignition Individual Release Form – Each person attending must fill out an Individual Release
Each group is responsible for their own housing on Friday night. There are four motels exactly one mile from the church (on the same road) Holiday Inn Express, Red Roof Inn, Super 8 and Best Western Troy Hotel.
Budget Friendly Options:
1) Connect with an area church to see about spending the night in their building on Friday evening.
2) If you are from the immediate area, you can give the event a retreat feel by taking your group to spend the night in your own church building or a church member’s home. Some groups have the guys stay in one church member’s home and the girls stay in another church member’s home.
Choose a size for printing the poster that best fits your needs:
Poster: Download 8.5×11
Poster Image: download here
Instagram: Post these to Instagram (right click and save as to download for your Instagram or facebook page)
BEST PRACTICES FOR INVITING STUDENTS:
- Get students who have attended in the past help you invite others.
- Get commitments from a few core students and then start inviting others.
- Talk with parents about students coming on this fall event.
- Set a deadline for registration.
- Talk about the trip during student ministry meetings and on Sunday.
- When the deadline is approaching, text your students and inquire if they are attending.
- Give a prize for any middle school students who sign up a friend.
- This is a great weekend to invite extra adults to come and serve as sponsors along with you. Line them up early!
- Make it a really fun and well organized weekend and appreciate each student who decides to attend! We minister to those who respond.
*special publicity note: Students don’t just look at a poster and decide to attend a conference. It’s typically built on relationship. Invite students, get a critical mass to commit and then hype it up. Thanks for your ministry in getting students to sign up for a weekend like this! It can make a life changing difference in their faith walk.
Youth Pastors, Pastors, Student Ministry and Sunday School teachers will invite students from their church (and all their friends) to attend Ignition. Groups, ranging in size from 3 to 30, will travel together to Ignition, register as a group and will participate in the event.
YOUTH WORKER NETWORK TIME
During the elective seminar time, youth workers are invited to attend a short networking and equipping time. This is optional.
Harvest Conferences is a ministry of Harvest Ministry based in Troy, IL. Harvest has been in existence since 1996 with a mission to help the church make disciples.
As an inter-denominational event, Harvest Conferences seeks to lift up the name of Jesus and invite students to follow Him. Though there is no way to control every word spoken by guest speakers and presenters, but as a ministry, we strive to base our work around the Great Commandment and the Apostles Creed.
Cancellation Policy: There will be no refunds for cancellations within 30 days of the event.
Food Allergies: Students and adults with food allergies are welcome to bring their own snacks / lunch for the event if necessary. Typical menu includes a variety of prepackaed snack, granola bars, fruit, bottle water for snacks and for lunch it’s pizza, chips, carrots, dessert and drinks.
Discipline Procedures: We rely on the leaders who brought students to carry out needed discipline for students who don’t abide by conference rules.
Weather Policy: If the conference is cancelled due to inclement weather, a credit will be issued to registered participants for a future conference. If the conference continues, but groups are unable to attend, no refund is given.
Program Changes: Harvest Conferences reserves the right to change speakers, seminar leader and program details without advance notice.
Transportation to Recreation: Each group is responsible for their own transportation to recreation on Saturday afternoon. Depending on the site, recreation may be close enough to walk.
Spending Money: Though no extra money is needed at Ignition, there are opportunities to purchase Ignition T-shirts, CD’s and other items. Sometimes students bring spending money for snacks during recreation (if a snack bar is available).