- This event has passed.
Fire Up 2018
February 23 - February 25
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deut. 31:6
Fire-Up is a discipleship weekend for students in 9th – 12th grade and their ministry leaders.
Who, When, & Where
Fire-Up is scheduled for February 23-25, 2018 in Troy, IL. Though Fire-Up is hosted at Troy United Methodist Church, several different denominations are represented. This is the 22nd year for Fire-Up!
Speaker: Tom Richter
Tom has been the speaker at Fire Up in 2011 & 2012. We are excited to have him back as the speaker for Fire Up 2018! Tom is the pastor of New Hope Church in Queens, New York. His engaging personality connects with students on and off stage. His in depth, yet inspiring messages, hit home for students at all different levels of faith.
Worship: Harvest Worship Band
Harvest has led worship for countless conferences around Illinois and the Midwest!
Friday, February 23 – 7:00 – 10:00 pm
Saturday, February 24 – 9:30 am – 9:30 pm
Sunday, February 25 – 9:00 am to 11:45 am
Postmarked before February 8, 2018:
Early Student Rate—$ 59
Early Sponsor Rate—$ 39
Postmarked before February 15, 2018
Regular Student Rate—$ 69
Regular Sponsor Rate—$ 49
For Registrations after February 15, 2018:
Student Registration—$ 79
Sponsor Registration—$ 59
Print the Fire Up Group Registration Form (each leader should fill this out and send in with individual forms).
Print the Individual Release Form – everyone student and adult must fill out a registration form.
There are four great hotels one mile from the Fire-Up Conference (on the same road and located near Cracker Barrel and Taco Bell). Conference participants are responsible for their own housing.
- Troy Best Western – 618-667-9200
- Holiday Inn Express – 618-667-2301
- Red Roof Inn – 618-667-2222
- Super Eight – 618-667-8888
The above motels each have an indoor pool and provide a continental breakfast.
BUDGET FRIENDLY HOUSING OPTIONS
Some groups connect with a local church in the area to spend two nights. If you are close enough, you can arrange some host families from within your own church. For example, all the guys from the group can stay in one home and all the girls stay in another. This give the whole weekend a retreat feel. If you know someone in the area, you can arrange to stay in their home.
More Fire-Up Information
Fire Up Conference, an interdenominational Sr. High youth discipleship weekend, began in Troy, IL in February of 1997. Since then, hundreds of students have attended this event. Fire Up continues to remain focused on discipleship, worship, and strengthening the faith of Sr. High Students. At the core, we want students to be born again, count the cost and follow Christ and live faithful fired-up live for Jesus. The core team consists of local area youth leaders who meet each month to pray, plan and prepare for Fire Up.
Fire Up is a partnership event with Troy United Methodist Church and Harvest Conferences. The Troy Host Team plans the event through the fall. They provide support for registration, hospitality, meals, video, sound and a big huge welcome to all the groups that attend!
Fire Up continues to provide an avenue for changed lives.
Youth Leader / Sponsor Information
- We would like for all of your youth and sponsor registration forms to be sent together (with payment accompanying the forms).
- If paying by check, please pay with one check. Checks are made payable to Fire Up – Troy UMC.
Mail Registration Forms and Payment To:
Fire Up Conference – Troy UMC
407 Edwardsville Rd
Troy, IL 62294
- Payment may also be made with a credit card. Please contact the church office about paying by credit card (618-667-6241).
- Check-In begins at 6:00 pm on Friday. Doors open at 7:00 pm.
- Transportation – Each church is responsible for providing their own transportation for the duration of the conference.
- One sponsor for every seven (7) students registered must be provided, with at least one sponsor over 21 years of age. If you are bringing both girls and boys, please provide both a female and a male sponsor for your group.
- There will be several resource tables available with a variety of items for purchase for both students and leaders.
- Snacks throughout the weekend, lunch and dinner on Saturday and a continental breakfast on Sunday is provided by the conference. There are several restaurants located not far from the church for Friday night dinner or Sunday lunch.
- Special Needs: All requests for special needs including special seating needs, hearing impaired assistance, and food allergies, should be submitted with your registration. However, if you require special assistance and have not requested it, please contact Harvest immediately so adequate plans can be made. Call 618-667-6241 ext 14 or email email@example.com
- Cancellation Policy: All requests for cancellations must state the reason for requested funds and be submitted on church letterhead to Harvest Conferences. If cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the conference, registrations will be refunded minus a $10 processing fee. Cancellations made 15-30 days before the conference will be refunded for half the registered fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 15 days of the conference. Questions: You can contact Harvest Conferences by emailing Harvest@harvestministryteams.com or by calling 618-667-6241 ext 14.