Fire Up 2019
February 22, 2019 - February 24, 2019
Fire-Up is a discipleship weekend for students in 9th – 12th grade and their ministry leaders. Since 1997, students have gathered to worship, pray, grow and fire up their faith in Jesus. For 2019, we’re praying to create a desire for holiness, to be set apart, to walk with Jesus no matter where he leads. Consecrated.
Fire-Up is scheduled for February 22-24, 2019 in Troy, IL. Though Fire-Up is hosted at Troy United Methodist Church, several different denominations are represented. This is the 23rd year for Fire-Up!
2019 Conference Speaker: Bill Stanley
Bill Stanley is an international youth & young adult speaker with an incredible passion for life. Through his talks, Bill is helping people embrace the reality of God’s grace and face the fears of their past to live a successful future.
He became a Christ-follower at the age of 16 while attending Eau Gallie High School in Melbourne, FL. Since speaking publicly for the first time at the age of 19, he has spoken to thousands annually using the newest ways to share the oldest truths.
Bill now reaches the hearts of students and adults alike through powerful communication skills that are practical, insightful and humorous. [more]
Seminar Speakers: TBA
Worship: Harvest Worship Band
Harvest has led worship for countless conferences around Illinois and the Midwest.
Hear some music.
Friday, February 22 – 7:00 – 10:00 pm
Saturday, February 23 – 9:30 am – 9:30 pm
Sunday, February 24 – 9:00 am to 11:45 am
All new for 2019 – a Fire-Up College Track, for students (18-23) who would like to grow together through worship, study and mission. The college group will be led by Tyler and Emily Lynn. Though college students will be a part of worship and meals during the Fire-Up Conference, there will be a separate schedule during the event. [LEARN MORE]
Postmarked before February 7, 2019:
Early Student Rate—$ 59
Early Sponsor Rate—$ 39
Postmarked before February 14, 2019
Regular Student Rate—$ 69
Regular Sponsor Rate—$ 49
For Registrations after February 14, 2019:
Student Registration—$ 79
Sponsor Registration—$ 59
Print the Fire Up Group Registration Form (each leader should fill this out and send in with individual forms).
Print the Individual Release Form – everyone – students and adults must fill out a registration form.
To mail in a registration, mail the completed forms and include a check for the total made out to Troy UMC.
Fire Up/Troy UMC
407 Edwardsville Rd.
Troy, IL 62294
Everyone (both adults and students) needs to fill out an Individual Release Form. You may bring the completed form with you when you check in on Friday at Fire Up.
Fire-Up worship services will be live streamed. If your students can’t come to all of Fire-Up and you wish to go deeper, you can register to be a Fire-Up Home Group – where each student will receive a Fire-Up Conference T-Shirt and you will get all the small group materials. For more information, see Fire Up Home Groups.
Fire-Up Home Groups – designed for students who can’t make it to Troy, IL for the conference. It can be a student ministry, a small group, or a family. You register ($15) and we will send you a conference t-shirt, the small group questions, sample schedules and menus for your group event, and then you watch the streaming services and participate from afar. For more information, see Fire Up Home Groups.
Use this link to register online for Fire Up Home Groups: REGISTER online for Home Groups
During the Saturday afternoon break (approximately 2:00 – 5:15 pm) student ministry groups attending Fire-Up have free time. You can make your own plans, head to SIUE for bowling and billiards or you can participate in an afternoon mission project. We have mission coordinators setting up projects within 20 minutes of the conference venue.
If you want to make your own plans or have fun bowling at SIUE (covered in registration) no further action is needed from. If you group would like to serve in a mission, contact Amanda and she will get you connected to the mission project coordinators! Since church groups are responsible for their own Saturday afternoon transportation, most groups will have to decide on one or the other as a group.
Holiday Inn is located one mile from the conference at 2011 Formosa Road, Troy, IL (on the same road and located near Cracker Barrel and Taco Bell). Conference participants are responsible for their own housing.
- Holiday Inn Express – 618-667-2301
- Special Fire-Up Rate at Holiday Inn Express – $99 (before January 23)
- Use this link to book your room!
OTHER BUDGET FRIENDLY HOUSING OPTIONS
Some groups connect with a local church in the area to spend two nights. If you are close enough, you can arrange some host families from within your own church. For example, all the guys from the group can stay in one home and all the girls stay in another. This gives the whole weekend a retreat feel. If you know someone in the area, you can arrange to stay in their home.
Fire Up Conference, an interdenominational Sr. High youth discipleship weekend, began in Troy, IL in February of 1997. Since then, hundreds of students have attended this event. Fire Up continues to remain focused on discipleship, worship, and strengthening the faith of Sr. High Students. At the core, we want students to be born again, count the cost and follow Christ and live faithful fired-up live for Jesus. The core team consists of local area youth leaders who meet each month to pray, plan and prepare for Fire Up.
Fire Up is a partnership event with Troy United Methodist Church and Harvest Conferences. The Troy Host Team plans the event through the fall. They provide support for registration, hospitality, meals, video, sound and a big huge welcome to all the groups that attend!
Fire Up continues to provide an avenue for changed lives.
More than ten different denominations have been a part of Fire-Up Conference. Here’s are some of the basics of what we believe: The Great Commandment, The Great Commission and the Apostles Creed.
- We would like for all of your youth and sponsor registration forms to be sent together (with payment accompanying the forms).
- If paying by check, please pay with one check. Checks are made payable to Fire Up – Troy UMC.
Mail Registration Forms and Payment To:
Fire Up Conference – Troy UMC
407 Edwardsville Rd
Troy, IL 62294
- Payment may also be made with a credit card. Please contact the church office about paying by credit card (618-667-6241).
- Check-In begins at 6:00 pm on Friday. Doors open at 7:00 pm.
- Transportation – Each church is responsible for providing their own transportation for the duration of the conference.
- One sponsor for every seven (7) students registered must be provided, with at least one sponsor over 21 years of age. If you are bringing both girls and boys, please provide both a female and a male sponsor for your group.
- There will be several resource tables available with a variety of items for purchase for both students and leaders.
- Snacks throughout the weekend, lunch and dinner on Saturday and a continental breakfast on Sunday is provided by the conference. There are several restaurants located not far from the church for Friday night dinner or Sunday lunch.
- Cancellation Policy: All requests for cancellations must state the reason for requested funds and be submitted on church letterhead to Harvest Conferences. If cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the conference, registrations will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee. Cancellations made 15-30 days before the conference will be refunded for half the registered fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 15 days of the conference. Questions: You can contact Harvest Conferences by emailing Harvest@harvestministryteams.com or by calling 618-667-6241 ext 14.
Fire Up 2018 Highlight Video