Would you be interested in joining me in music and worship leadership this summer?
My name is Tim Price and for twenty summers, I have led a Harvest Ministry Team serving in camps and youth events all around Illinois. It began during the summers while I was in college. I enjoyed playing guitar, leading worship and serving in ministry at youth camps and ministry events all over the Midwest. While attending Asbury Seminary I sensed God’s call to continue in this ministry. As this ministry of Harvest has continued each summer, I have learned what a great experience it is for any ministry minded young adult musician.
Tremendous ministry can happen as we join together in community, as a worship band, for five or six weeks (or even one or two if you are unable to go the whole summer) to build relationships with students, lead worship and be available to share the faith with the next generation. There are opportunities to serve this summer in ministry… and I’m inviting you apply and join me if you feel led.
- You must be at least 18 to serve on a team and a follower of Christ.
- Apply to serve on a team – if you have questions about the summer before you go through the application, just give me a call.
- Team members aren’t paid a dollar amount for the summer, but expenses are covered for the team members (lodging, meals, transportation once you get to Troy, IL). It may sound strange, but for 250 people and for all of the twenty summers of Harvest, it has always been a mission. In fact, team members are asked to raise some of the costs (if you travel for two weeks, we invite you to raise $150, if you travel for more than three weeks, we invite you to raise $300). This is in part to invite family and friends to give toward your ministry through Harvest and “go with you” as you serve in the summer.
- If you’re from the local region, you’re welcome to go back home when Harvest isn’t serving (typically, each week of Harvest flows into the next – but there are a few breaks). If you are from out of the local region, we can arrange for you to be housed here through the church on the short breaks in the schedule (and if you’re interested, we will include in worship ministry around the host church during those times). Over the years, team members have come from eight or nine different US states and Canada.
- There is a need for drums, bass, vocals, keyboard, guitar and tech ministry roles for the team.
- Ages and styles of the camps vary – from kids to high school students to all ages.
Part of my privilege in ministry is the opportunity to align closely with a team of leaders for the summer and helping to open doors for people to get connected in true, servant leadership. One of the best ways I know how to do this is to travel with a team – serving together, praying together, and learning together. Over the years, many of the Harvest Team members have gone on to become local church leaders around Illinois and around the country. I praise the Lord for these kingdom connections and this work!
Here’s the application process:
Send me an email if you have specific dates that you would like to check into – here are some date ranges you could join in if you feel led to be a part of the 2016 Harvest Summer Ministry. You can either do all of these or some of these during 2016…
June 1-12 | June 20-30 | July 9-16 | July 17-31
Tim Price, Harvest Summer Team, 618-541-8291
In case you just stumbled across this invitation or you were recommended by someone, here’s a little background about me: